Prospect, Cultivate, Pitch, Close: Building a Prospect Pipeline
In the commercial sector, it’s called Sales Pipeline Management. In the fundraising world, planning and tracking your solicitation process is called Moves Management. This session will show you how to take control of your solicitation efforts, and raise more money.
This interactive introduction will provide you with a fast-paced overview on how to identify and track the stages of a sales cycle as well as the steps to take at each stage. It provides you with a framework to identify and proactively meet the unique demands of soliciting each your prospective sponsors. By the end of the workshop, you will have a solid plan for a number of your hottest prospects, and a winning framework for your entire solicitation process.
You will be introduced to strategic selling at the highest level. You will learn how to know exactly what you should do next with each of your sponsorship prospects, what part of your solicitation process is most successful and what part needs the most work.
You will learn:
1. Why a Moves Management process can significantly contribute to your sponsorship success.
2. The difference between tracking activity and tracking moves.
3. How to identify and structure the stages of your solicitation process.
4. How to identify and create cultivation actions (touches) for each stage of your solicitations.
5. Using Moves Management to benchmark and track your solicitation progress.
6. How to get started with your actual prospects.
WELCOME, INTRODUCTIONS & INTERACTIVE TOOL
I. MOVES MANAGEMENT & HOW IT WORKS
- Survey Question – What Is Moves Management?
- THE TERMINOLOGY
- Survey Question – Do you have a software tool that provides pipeline management?
II. WHY MOVES MANAGEMENT IS IMPORTANT
- Survey Question – Do you have a formal prospect cultivation strategy?
- IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL CULTIVATION PROCESS
- KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT
- KNOW WHAT IS WORKING AND WHAT’S NOT
- Survey Question – What part of your solicitation process is working best?
- Survey Question – How many prospect contacts do you have in a month?
- FOCUS ON WHAT’S IMPORTANT
- DO MORE CULTIVATION
III. DEVELOPING STAGES
- TASK-CENTRIC STAGES
- Survey Question – Do you pitch a prospect at a first solicitation meeting?
- PROSPECT-CENTRIC STAGES
- HYBRID STRATEGY
- PROCESS MAP
IV. DEVELOPING TOUCHES
- MATERIALS AND CONVERSATIONS
- Survey Question – Do you send anything between a first meeting and proposal?
- NON-SPONSORSHIP COMMITMENTS
- IDENTIFYING THE RIGHT TOUCHES FOR EACH PROSPECT
V. BUILDING YOUR MOVES MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Survey Question – Realistically, will you now map out your solicitation and cultivation processes?