October 23, 2019 ● 1:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. ● half-day workshop
Building Relationships with Corporate Partners
Prospect. Pitch. Negotiate. Contract. Deliver. Renew. This is the transactional vocabulary of sponsorship, but it masks once vital element.
The success of any sponsorship fundamentally depends on one thing only: its ability to establish or strengthen an emotional connection between the sponsor and the sponsor’s audience. Sponsorship is about the heart, not the head.
That same principle filters through into the relationship between you and your corporate sponsors. Though it may be governed by a written agreement, it is not simply a transaction that spells out rights, fees and deliverables. It is a partnership in which each party is invested, financially and emotionally, in the success of the other.
How do you get there? How do you find that place where your partner’s needs and yours are seamlessly aligned, where you finish each other’s sentences?
You begin by spending an afternoon with Mary Ann Freedman.
Join Mary Ann Freedman, President of Freedman & Associates, for an engaging and interactive roundtable discussion about what it takes to connect with sponsorship decision makers. Drawing upon more than 35 years’ experience building lasting business relationships, Mary Ann will take you through the corporate and professional services landscape. You will learn the steps you need to take to identify, build, engage and retain corporate partners, with a focus on partners in financial and professional services, where strong relationship pay the highest dividends.
Joining Mary Ann will be Rob Swann, Chief Commercial Officer at Tennis Canada, Lisa Azzuolo, Chief Marketing Officer at law firm Bennett Jones and Robin Ashford, Senior Director of Marketing at accounting firm MNP.
- Learn lessons from real life stories
- Understand how the corporate and financial services world evaluates and chooses organizations to partner with
- Meet decision makers face to face
- Hear what B2B corporate sponsors want
- Understand how CSR fits into the mix
- Develop the first cut of your B2B sponsorship strategy
The program will include three components.
- Understanding the corporate and financial services marketing space. You’ll learn what drives sponsorship decision-making and how you can position yourself as a prized asset.
- A frank, candid panel discussion with top decision-makers
- A toolkit to get you started on developing your own solicitation strategy.
Completion of Building Relationships with Corporate Partners will earn 3.5 points toward the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.